Fancy Gap, Virginia is a small, rural community nestled in the peaceful Blue Ridge Mountains. At an altitude of nearly 2,900°, Fancy Gap is located next to the Blue Ridge Parkway at mile marker 199.5 on US Hwy 52 and at Exit 8 off Interstate 77. Our driveway is only 5 minutes from the I-77 exit, but our location is on a serene and secluded gravel road (but additional paved road access is also available from Beamer’s Knob, the highest point of elevation in Carroll County, VA).
Our community is a neighbor to Galax (home of the annual Fiddler’s Convention and one of the New River Trail Access points) and Hillsville, VA. We are also within a 30 minute drive to Mount Airy, NC (Andy Griffith’s hometown from which he modeled Mayberry) and just 45 minutes to Floyd County as well as Meadows of Dan, where you can visit the historic Mabry Mill (the most photographed site along the Blue Ridge Parkway). In addition, Fancy Gap is centrally located between Winston-Salem, NC and Blacksburg, VA.
5 min., 2 mi. from exit 8, off I-77 (via Stable Rd.)
6 min., 3.3 mi. from exit 8 (via Chances Creek Rd., Beamer’s Knob Road scenic view)
*When you see the century old white Farmhouse and acre pond, you’ve found Fiddler’s Faith.
- Take 52 N towards Mount Airy
- Take I-74 W and I-77 N towards Wytheville, VA.
- Take Fancy Gap Exit 8 from I-77 N 52 min (55.8 mi)
- Turn left onto State Rte 775/VA-148 W/Chances Creek Rd (signs for VA-775)
- Continue to follow State Rte 775/Chances Creek Rd 0.9 mi
- Turn right onto Stable Rd 1.1 mi
- Turn left onto State Rte 826 (Colonial Rd.) Fiddler’s Faith will be on your right. 0.3 mi
- Merge onto I-81 S 35.0 mi
- Take exit 81 for I-77 S toward Charlotte NC Continue onto I-77 S 23.1 mi
- Take exit 8 for VA-775/VA-148 toward Fancy Gap. 0.2 mi
- Turn right onto State Rte 775 (signs for State Route 775/Fancy Gap) 0.8 mi
- Turn right onto Stable Rd 1.1 mi.
- Turn left onto State Rte 826 (Colonial Rd.)Destination will be on the right (.3 mi.)
- Merge onto I-81 N toward Roanoke.
- Merge onto I-77 S via EXIT 81 toward Charlotte NC.
- Take the VA-775/VA-148 exit, EXIT 8, toward Fancy Gap.
- Turn right onto State Rte 775 (signs for State Route 775/Fancy Gap)
- Turn right onto Stable Rd
- Turn left onto State Rte 826 (Colonial Rd.)
Destination will be on the right (.3 mi.)
Please visit Hillsvile, VA Hotels to view accomodations to fit your preference and budget. Please see Pet Policies when making reservations if you plan to travel with a pet.
Camping: Fancy Gap Camping
Due to their close proximity to our venue, we recommend Fancy Gap KOA, Utt’s Campground (also in Fancy Gap) and Matthew’s Carrollwood Campground (just off Exit 12, Hillsville). Just a few minutes further off Hwy 100 in Hillsville is Lake Ridge RV Resort (https://lakeridgerv.com/). They have additional activities like theme weekends, a swimming pool and seasonal water slides.
There is a Dollar General Store located in Fancy Gap for camping supplies needed.
Cabins: There are numerous cabin or home rental opportunities varying from one bedroom to cabins large enough for entire wedding parties. Please visit these sites for more information about accommodations along the Blue Ridge Parkway or in neighboring areas:
Relax and Unwind
Along with our beautiful, peaceful setting for your special day, our location offers numerous opportunities for sightseeing, outdoor adventure and specialty shopping. Your out of town family and friends can choose from an abundant list of things to see and do. We’ve listed many that are 10 to 45 minutes from our venue.
Blue Ridge Parkway
Blue Ridge Music Center
New River Trail / Foster Falls
Our Tasting Room will keep you busy with wine samplings, shopping, and tours of the cellar. During nice weather, take a bottle out to the Courtyard and enjoy the magnificent view. Live entertainment during the summer on Sundays.
Chataue Morisette – Tasting Room
Wohlfahrt House Dinner Theater
Hillsville.com – Devil’s Den
Country Formals & Gifts
Madison K Photography
Fancy Gap Dress Shop (Mon-Sat)
The Nest and Hive Shoppe/ Treasure Potts Antique and Garden Shoppes
The Barn Shop (in nearby Hillsville, open Mon., Thurs., Sat) – Mix of vintage, salvage & eclectic items at great prices
Sunny Side General Store (between Fancy Gap and Hillsville) – A true old-fashioned style & historic general store containing a mix of everything from unique homesteading items, hard to find housewares, clothing and furniture.